- A strong foundation in statistics
- PhD or Master’s degree with 3+ years of working experience in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related disciplines
- Expert knowledge in Bash, Python or R
- Confident working under Unix/Linux and Windows environments
- Work well in a collaborative team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Research experience in the fields of genomics and NGS data analysis
- Expert at using NGS-related bioinformatics tools and familiar with various genomic data repositories (e.g., SRA, GEO and EGA)
- Familiar with TCGA, CCLE and other cancer genomics studies
- Experience with data curation (e.g. sample metadata/clinical data management)
- Experience with programming language like C# or Java
QIAGEN is the leading global provider of Sample to Insight solutions that enable customers to gain valuable molecular insights from samples containing the building blocks of life. Our sample technologies isolate and process DNA, RNA and proteins from blood, tissue and other materials. Assay technologies make these biomolecules visible and ready for analysis. Bioinformatics software and knowledge bases interpret data to report relevant, actionable insights. Automation solutions tie these together in seamless and cost-effective workflows. QIAGEN provides solutions to more than 500,000 customers around the world in Molecular Diagnostics (human healthcare), Applied Testing (forensics, veterinary testing and food safety), Pharma (pharma and biotech companies) and Academia (life sciences research). As of September 30, 2016, QIAGEN employed approximately 4,700 people in over 35 locations worldwide. Further information can be found at here.
QIAGEN enhanced its bioinformatics portfolio with acquisition of OmicSoft in January 2017.
OmicSoft Corporation is the leader in providing enterprise solutions for next-generation sequencing and Omics data analysis, management, and visualization. Our flagship product, Array Suite (Array Studio and Array Server), provides full data management with server-client architecture. Array Server stores and manages all of the large data for users, while Array Studio provides the graphical user interface and full visualization capabilities, including the industry leading OmicSoft Genome Browser. Our technology and products increase productivity and allow our users to concentrate on the bigger picture. OmicSoft also provides an Omics-based data service through its Land technology which provides biomedical researchers a knowledge hub to easily access integrative genomics data. Additional information can be found at here.
To apply, contact Andrea.Hettig@qiagen.com.