Qiagen is seeking a talented and motivated scientist to join the Oncology Data Curation Team. This position comes with curating genomics data in the field of Oncology, and to develop data analysis plans/pipelines to generate biological results and visualizations. By collaboratively working with internal research and software development team, the successful candidate will integrate acquired knowledge into our efforts to build a strong analytic pipeline to process large scale genomics dataset and developed innovative technology to deliver high-throughput data in a user-friendly fashion.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, review the scientific publications, protocols or other documentation to evaluate study aims, design, methods and research findings using our sophisticated Array Curator Tool. Coordinate the genomic data curation team to extract, QC, annotate, and organize biological/clinical project and sample meta-data from various sources. Work closely with software developers to design, test, validate and manage the data auto- curation system.
- PhD (2+ years of experience) or Master’s degree (5+ years of experience) with training in Oncology/Hematology, Immuno-Oncology, Cancer Genetics, or related biomedical fields.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness in work product, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.).
- Self-starter with strong communication and time management skills.
- Knowledge of various sequencing data repositories, such as TCGA, CCLE, and ICGC, is a plus.
- Familiar with current trend of clinical and academic research. Knowledge of molecular diagnostics, precision medicine, Next-Gen Sequencing preferred. Working experience in pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Experience in curating and handling large data sets. Experience with scientific/clinical ontologies and metadata issues is a plus.
- Experience with in vitro assays as well as in vivo animal models, and expertise in key signaling pathways and mechanisms of cancer is a plus.
Qiagen is the leading global provider of Sample to Insight solutions that enable customers to gain valuable molecular insights from samples containing the building blocks of life. Our sample technologies isolate and process DNA, RNA and proteins from blood, tissue and other materials. Assay technologies make these biomolecules visible and ready for analysis. Bioinformatics software and knowledge bases interpret data to report relevant, actionable insights. Automation solutions tie these together in seamless and cost-effective workflows. Qiagen provides solutions to more than 500,000 customers around the world in Molecular Diagnostics (human healthcare), Applied Testing (forensics, veterinary testing and food safety), Pharma (pharma and biotech companies) and Academia (life sciences research). As of September 30, 2016, Qiagen employed approximately 4,700 people in over 35 locations worldwide. Further information can be found at http://www.qiagen.com.